Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12 - 2009 12/365

What do you get when you have several feet of snow and a prairie full of rabbits? Stripped bushes, many tiny prints and a whole lot of little round droppings. They are everywhere. Right now there is so much snow that they are, undoubtedly, having a hard time.

We are supposed to hit as low as minus 40 this week! Minus Forty!!! Next week it looks like it will be +30F, that's a 70 degree difference in just one week! The odd thing is, we just go with it. We live by the weather channel though. I get up, check the weather, and dress for the day. I take a coat, wear layers and try to avoid the wind. You never want to get caught out in the cold. With temps that low, one wouldn't make it long.

I was going to take more photos tonight as the snow is so white and fluffy and the wind is just blowing it everywhere, but it is moist snow and I was afraid it would stick to the lens and it's dark around here by 5. Besides, it's unbelievably cold! LOL

Want to see what our roads look like? Click here to see the news broadcast from last night!

8 comments:

Jane said...

Wow. I can't believe that temperature. That is scary cold!! Poor little bunnies!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny. I'm sending some warm feelings...lol

Jessica Sell - Owner of A.E.P. said...

We actually brought one of our outdoor cats inside tonight. She will be a room-mate to us for a week until it gets back to 30 above! Our highs are still -4 and -8! I can't believe it and thank goodness it won't last long -- we hope!

Anonymous said...

OMG ! Minus forty!! I'm not sure how I would do with that. I guess you make due with what you have but brrr. The evidence of rabbits is so neat. Kinda' Mutual Of Ohmaha moment LOL.

Anonymous said...

okay my whole body shook to the temp you mentioned lol! and LOL @ those tiny foot prints how cute!!! i told my hubby that ND is definitely aplace we need to think about moving too. That way I can annoy you in person lol 80)

Dana said...

Right now your temp says -27 !!!!!!!!
It's dropped 15 degrees here in the last hour. You sent this cold our way, didn't you.

Did you put sounds on your blog? If so you scared the beejeezus out of me.

Jodie's 365 Project said...

Brrrrrrr! Poor widdle wabbits. :)

Jo-Anne Price said...

I like the shot, the prints, but I could do without the "poop" lol