Sunday, February 22, 2009

Feb 20 (50/365) Krolls Diner

The idea I had earlier this week is to start photographing Fargo and sharing it with my two blog readers lol This is Krolls. It is a local diner and specializes in traditional American food. I first learned of the place because they offer a family burger special; five burgers, five sodas, all you can eat fries, lettuce, tomato, onion and a really fun environment! As a single mom of four (two of them boys!), this was such a great deal and then it was under $20! I'll have to get pics from the inside. They make the best milk shakes! Every Monday you can get bogo on them and they are made with real ice cream. Yum!
They are very well known for their Kneophla soup. Krolls started in Mandan, ND. Walking into them is like stepping into the '50s.

I will be photographing more of the local stops to Fargo and the area. We are a border town, that just means we border another state. Moorhead, Minnesota is just across the river from us so I will probably include some of that as well.
PS knoephla seems to be German for dumpling. Knoephla soup is just a cream based, dumplin soup. It's a real fave in this area.

No comments: