Monday, March 30, 2009

March 30 SNOW!!

I'm sure you've all heard by now because the press LOVES drama lol We are expecting 6-10" of new snow!

Yep, on top of the flooding, Fargo is in a blizzard! Total white out conditions. The snow was gone earlier this week.

I was not willing to walk very far to get photos, so it's just photos of neighboring places for today's post. You can see how large the flakes are and how much snow we've gotten.

This is just crazy.

The good news is that the river has dropped down from record breaking depths at 41.82 to 38.79! That may not sound like much, but it sure looks like a LOT! I'm not sure what all of this snow is going to do. It's wet and mushy snow and there is a whole lot water out there on the fields. As it melts, it will join the Red River and raise it up again. The mayor has said he doesn't think it will hit a record crest again. We'll see....

3 comments:

Lanna said...

WOW! I'm sure you are SO ready for SPRING!

Esther said...

Tammey, We have 12 or so at 8:30pm, expecitn 5-8 overnight and another 2-4 tomorrow...I AM SO READY FOR SPRING...

Stay warm and stay safe..hugs

Anonymous said...

I love snow but yes I have to agree enough is enough! bring on the spring