Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fargo - Bison Tough

Yes - we are having a blizzard here in Fargo. Yes, we are still flooding, but the river is dropping. Schools are closed, the interstate is closed, businesses are closed.

I took this photo at 7:30 this morning. Even with all of this craziness around us, there is such a serene calmness, such an amazing strength and a palpable resolve in the residents and in the land itself.

Fargo will survive and the people will be the stronger for it.

(Note: This photo is of the front gates to the North Dakota State University. It is the home of the NDSU Bison)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Tammey this is so beautiful! I thought it was a postcard before I read your entry. Very nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, this is so pretty!! It looks like a Christmas card. The lights are so pretty, all warm against the cold snow. Beautiful!!

Karen said...

Awesome! I get that calmness and if I was you, I'd save this photo and make your next year's Christmas cards out of it. Just beautiful!

Shawna Lynn said...

I agree, Christmas card. This is awesome!