Monday, March 23, 2009

March - Fargo is flooding

Would you like to know what's going on around us? Here in Fargo we deal with a lot of spring run off every year, however, we don't usually have this much water! We did in '97, but this isn't as bad of weather, just as bad of water and run off. In this photo you see a backhoe building up the dike. This is a dirt mound follow a road between downtown Fargo and the quickly rising river. You can just see the river to the right of this photo. They water WILL reach up and lap at the top of this dirt wall.

Current Video - our local news went up in an airplane and took video of the flooding yesterday.

Fargo Flood Forecast Display Tool - http://ffdt.rrbdin.org/index.php

Fargo Flood Cam is HERE - Now realize what you are viewing is downtown Fargo and that normally you don't even notice the water there! It's a tiny little river wayyyy down 30' + lower than it is now!!

I've compiled a few links for those emailing me and asking me about the situation:


I realize I'm behind on my photo of the day blogging and I'll try to catch up here this week. I DO have photos, just haven't had the time. We are pretty consumed with the weather and flooding right now.
Thanks,
Tammey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIKES! Try to keep yourself dry :o)